Saturday, February 13, 2010


CLASS OF 88 ON FACEBOOK

I was talking with Mark several months ago and he mentioned that many members of the Class of 88 were on Facebook. So, I decided to give it a try. I found many people from our class were online: Amy, Cheri, Chris, Dave, Dawn, Debbie, Eric, Heather, James, Johnny, Julie, Kelly, Kim, Laura, Linda, Lisa, Meghan, Michelle, Patty, Pete, Rob, Stefanie, Sue, Toni, and Tracey (just to name a few). There were even friend of old such as Grant and Jon.

I was very excited and found Facebook a great venue to catch up with people, some of which I hadn't seen in 20 years. It was interesting to see what they were doing and where they were living. In just minutes, I was quickly brought up to speed.

I tried to be as interactive as possible and attempted to post something everyday - even if it was just something silly. After several months, however, the newness wore off and I became bored. I am sorry to all my friends, but, reading about nap time and beer time every week tends to get old.

If you are associated with the Class of 88, I would highly recommend joining Facebook and "friending" your classmates. However, Facebook isn't going to be a daily routine that fills you with riveting information about your classmates. Check back weekly or monthly (instead of daily) to see what everyone has been up to . Most importantly, contribute interesting content. As classmates, we have a lifelong bond and interest in each other's lives, so, tell us what is going on.

Join facebook today and look me up. I'm Kevin Gilbert in Hilton, NY at cnetbuild@yahoo.com

No comments: